Terms & Conditions
By entering photographs into the competition, the photographer certifies the following:
- The entry or entries are wholly their original work and under their sole ownership.
- As we are aligned with the Nature First Principles, the entry or entries have been captured in accordance with local laws and National Park rules. This includes permits, licences, and permissions (including drone laws).
- Winning photographers agree to provide additional materials to the competition, including a bio and profile image.
- New for 2022: Entries for the main competition must have been captured in the past 5 years or less (1/1/17). Next year this will drop to 4 years, and the year after it will go to 3 years. We have extended it this year due to COVID-19 restrictions. There is no time limit on images captured for the Project submissions.
- Previous winners of the Photographer of the Year Award are only eligible to win this prize once in their lifetime; however, they are eligible to win the other awards in subsequent years.
- Images should be predominantly natural subjects. Man-made objects are permitted; however, they should not be a major part of the image.
- Entering multiple substantially similar entries may result in judges disqualifying one or more of the entries.
- Our competition emphasizes creativity and unique images, so we highly encourage photographers to avoid familiar or iconic compositions.
- Entry fees are in USD and are payable by credit card (via our secure Stripe Payment Gateway) which will convert your currency to USD for a small fee.
- You may add entries at any time until the competition closes; however, once the entry deadline occurs, they are unable to be changed.
- Only one discount code may be used when checking out and paying for entries.
- Entries may be shot on digital or film.
- Film images must be submitted digitally.
- AdobeRGB or sRGB color space.
- 3000px minumum; 4000px maximum (preferred) on the long edge (see here for PS and here for Lightroom).
- JPEG files only, max file size 8MB.
- No borders or watermarks.
- RAW files must be available for verification in later stages of the competition. If you do not have RAW files or shoot with film, see below.
- Photographers submitting film images will be contacted about verification.
- Higher resolution files may be requested by us for our fine art book.
Project Submission Requirements
- Projects should be submitted together as a collection of between 6 and 10 images. There is a separate section of the submission form for this process.
- Each individual image that forms part of the project should follow the individual image submission requirements above.
- Photos should be submitted with filename numbering in the order you wish them to appear (if this matters).
- You should also submit an accompanying description with your images. This description is entirely up to you and can consist of just a few words or be up to 200 words long. It should be written for a non-photography literate viewer.
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of the competition is Natural Landscape Media Ltd, a company registered in the UK with company number 07120795 (which may also trade as Natural Landscape Photography Awards).
- By entering the Competition you hereby accept all of the competition’s rules, terms, and conditions, including the rules above as well as the summary on the rules page.
- The Natural Landscape Photography Awards will refund any competition submission fee up to one week before the close of entries for the competition.
- The Natural Landscape Photography Awards will refund any pre-order of our competition book at any time until they have been despatched.
- The Natural Landscape Photography Awards will replace any books that are deemed faulty by normal publishing standards
- The Natural Landscape Photography Awards will refund any returned books within 14 days of ordering and as long as the books are in the same condition they were despatched in.
- Books will be start being delivered once we receive them from the printer with the early orders prioritised. Delivery costs fluctuate but we will ensure we choose the optimum delivery service depending on the country being delivered to.
- You agree that any or all of your submissions may be disqualified by the competition for not adhering to the rules and that no refunds will be given for entries not meeting the rules.
- The entry fees for the Main Competition in 2022 are: $15 for 1 image, $40 for 6 images, $60 for 12 images, and $100 for 18 images. No photographer may submit more than 18 images for the Main Competition.
- The entry fees for the Project Category in 2022 are: $30 entry for 6-10 images, with a limit of two entries per photographer.
- The photographer retains full copyright of each entry to the contest.
- The Natural Landscape Photography Awards assume no rights with respect to entered photographs with the exception of the below usage rights.
- All entrants understand that any image submitted to the competition may be used by the Natural Landscape Photography Awards for marketing and promotional purposes for the competition as well for our book(s). You hereby grant The Natural Landscape Photography Awards a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, perpetual license for each entry throughout the world in all media for any use in connection with the Competition, including, but not limited to:
- Judging the competition
- Displaying at public exhibitions showing the Natural Landscape Photography Awards in perpetuity
- Inclusion within our website and or Awards catalog in perpetuity
- Inclusion in a fine-art book or e-book to be published by the competition
- Inclusion within any materials promoting of the Competition and / or any exhibition organized by the Natural Landscape Photography Awards in the promotion of the competition
- Sub-licensing the entries to the press for reproduction in connection with the Competition and any exhibition for a period of 3 years
- Allowing viewers of the website to view images on a computer screen, PDA, tablet, or mobile telephone, in perpetuity
- You must be the sole owner and author of each entry including all post-processing done to finalize the image.
- Entries must be 100% photographic in origin.
- Entries must not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, or pornographic content.
- Entries must not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense or violate any law.
- Entries must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, or intellectual property rights of any other party.
- Entries may not include any elements purchased through stock images or produced from the public domain – 100% of the content must belong solely to the entrant.