Enter the competition
Year 3 of the Natural Landscape Photography Awards has officially begun!
Register and Enter
Click the button below to be taken through to our registration and submissions process. Please be sure to familiarise yourself with all our rules and submission criteria!
Or if you already created an account
In the sections below you can find summarised information to help with your entries.
- $15 for 1 images
- $40 for 6 images
- $60 for 12 images
- $100 for 18 images
- $30 entry for 6-10 images
1 June – Competition opens for entries.
31 July – Entries close at 11:59 PM UTC+12
27 Aug – Pre-judging complete
10 Sep – Judges receive images
5 Oct – Judges finish scoring
1-10 Nov – Final judging
15 Nov – Winners announced!
“The integrity of the subject must be maintained”
There are a number of processes that we do not permit:
1. Introducing new elements or “compositing”
2. Removing significant elements from the original scene.
3. Distorting existing elements.
4. Combining images taken at different focal lengths
5. Combining images taken at significantly different times.
6. Combining the best parts of an image sequence to create a ‘perfect moment’.
You can read more about these rules and their interpretation, as well as the many editing processes we DO allow on our Rules page
We encourage all entrants to follow Nature First Principles
- Prioritize the well-being of nature over photography.
- Educate yourself about the places you photograph.
- Reflect on the possible impact of your actions.
- Use discretion if sharing locations.
- Know and follow rules and regulations.
- Always follow Leave No Trace principles and strive to leave places better than you found them.
- Actively promote and educate others about these principles.
- Entries may be shot on digital or film.
- Film images must be submitted digitally.
- AdobeRGB or sRGB colorspace.
- 4000px on the long edge (see here for PS and here for Lightroom).
- JPEG files only, max file size 8MB.
- No borders or watermarks.
- RAW files must be available for verification in later stages of the competition.
- In the rare case that your RAW files are unavailable or you did not capture the image in RAW format, and your images reach the final stages, then we will ask for additional images from the shoot as an additional form of proof.
- Photographers submitting film images will be contacted about verification.
- Higher resolution files must be available for print.
- Project Submissions have the same requirements as above.